SILA Designation Courses
This Designation section applies only Securities & Insurance Licensing Association (SILA) members who wish to complete the course requirements of the SILA Associate or SILA Fellow designation (for more information about the SILA designation programs, go to www.sila.org and click on Professional Development).
Click to access course outline.
Click to access course provider.
The SILA Designation programs requires completion of three (3) required courses and two (2) elective courses from the list below. Some courses are available in a classroom setting and are offered as pre-conference classes held directly before the SILA National Education Conference. The courses that are available online can be purchased and completed through the links provided.
Required Courses (3 courses)
Choose any three (3) of these courses:
- SILA Insurance Law
- SILA Ethics for Professionals
- SILA Producer Licensing Basics
- SILA Adjuster Licensing Basics
- Anti-Money Laundering Overview
- Protecting Client Information
- Surplus Lines Fundamentals *
Elective Courses (2 courses)
Choose any two (2) of these courses:
- Adjusters and CAT Claims
- Identity Theft
- Indexed Annuity Basics
- Insurance Fraud
- Investing in Securities
- Impact of Market Events and Variable Products
- Indexed Insurance Products
- Protecting Senior Clients from Exploitation
- Variable Annuity Basics
- Variable Annuity Sales Practices
- Surplus Lines Advanced Class *
- Adjuster Licensing Advanced Class *
- Exceeding Customer Expectations *
- All courses contain a final examination. A passing score of 70% or better is required.
- All examinations must be taken in a private or secluded place free from distractions. The final examination must be monitored by a supervisor, manager, training director or independent third party.
- *Note – classroom courses are offered before the SILA National Education Conference, see www.sila.org for additional information.
- Discontinued required courses: SILA Insurance Principles and SILA Ethics started before April 6, 2015 are eligible to meet the requirement
- Discontinued elective courses: Communication Skills and Delivering Quality Service started before April 6, 2015 are eligible to meet the requirement as is Goal Setting and Leadership started before April 2017.
|SILA: Producer Licensing Basics||Required||A.D. Banker|
|SILA: Adjuster Licensing Basics||Required||A.D. Banker|
|SILA: Ethics for Prof.||Required||A.D. Banker|
|SILA: Insurance Law||Required||A.D. Banker|
|SILA: Cyber Security & Identity Theft||Elective||A.D. Banker|
|SILA: Insurance Fraud||Elective||A.D. Banker|
|SILA: AML Red Flags - Retail & Operations||Required||FIRE Solutions|
|SILA: Guide to Protecting Client Information||Required||FIRE Solutions|
|SILA: Impact of Market Events on Variable Products||Elective||FIRE Solutions|
|SILA: Investing in Securities||Elective||360Training|
|SILA: Variable Annuity Sales Practices||Elective||FIRE Solutions|
|SILA: Adjtrs and CAT Claims||Elective||A.D. Banker|
|SILA: Indexed Insurance Products||Elective||A.D. Banker|
|SILA: Protecting Senior Clients from Exploitation||Elective||A.D. Banker|
|SILA: Variable Annuity Basics||Elective||A.D. Banker|
|SILA: Indexed Annuity Basics||Elective||A.D. Banker|
Inactive Designation courses that had been ordered can still be applied toward the SILA Designation program if successfully completed within one year from the course purchase date.