SILA Foundation Student Loan Repayment Program Grant
In 2014 the SILA Foundation Board established the Bruce Saenger Memorial Fund in recognition of Bruce’s contributions to SILA, the Foundation and the Financial Services Industry. We lost Bruce in January 2014 after a courageous battle with cancer. Throughout his life Bruce was a champion for personal growth and one-on-one career development. Over the past years he served as the SILA Education Chair and was to begin his first term as the SILA Foundation Vice President of Education, Scholarships & Services in January 2014.
Individuals interested in applying for the SILA Foundation Student Loan Repayment Program Grant, must complete the online application and meet the qualification requirements for consideration. Click on "Application" tab to complete the application. See the Qualifications tab for additional details.
If you are an enrolled college student - STOP! This grant is only for graduates. Visit the Post-Secondary College Scholarship section of our website for information about a program that is geared toward college students.
Bruce was the driving force behind increasing the depth and strength of the SILA Designation & Certification Programs, lead the expansion of course electives and added new tracks and specialty lines. He also led the transition of the administration of the SILA Education programs to the Foundation so personal opportunities went beyond the SILA Membership. He worked tirelessly leading the transition, completing course curriculum and implementation prior to his death.
The Foundation is offering one $500.00 student loan repayment grant each year. The grant is funded by the SILA Foundation’s Bruce Saenger Memorial Fund. This grant is open to the public, SILA membership is not required.
**A qualified education loan is a debt incurred by the employee solely to pay qualified higher education expenses incurred by the employee.
Qualifications and Process:
- Must be a college graduate; and,
- Must be currently employed in financial services industry for at least one-year; and,
- Must carry student loan balance.
- Completed and electronically signed application
- Employment verification letter
- Current reference letter (MUST be dated 90-days or less)
- Application and all supporting documentation must be submitted by deadline advertised in order to be considered for this grant.
Application Schedule (dates are subject to change based upon application volume):
- Between September 1-October 31 annually, submit the online SILA Foundation Student Loan Repayment Program Application
- November 1 – December 15 annually, review period
- December 31 annually, funds released to financial institution.
The SILA Foundation Scholarships & Grants Committee will review applications and ensure that qualification requirements have been satisfied.
- Grant recipient is required to provide a copy of their current student loan financial statement &/or payment stub; and,
- Grant funds are released directly to the financial institution; and,
- Failure to provide such documentation will result in disqualification.
Please contact email@example.com with any questions you may have regarding this program or the Bruce Saenger Memorial Fund.
If you would like to support this memorial program, you may make a contribution online at Donate Today then send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request the donation allocated toward the Bruce Saenger Memorial Fund.
|2021||Brittani Hanna||AssuredPartners, Incorporated|