Bruce Saenger Memorial Course Grant Program
In 2014 the SILA Foundation Board established the Bruce Saenger Memorial Course Grant Program in recognition of Bruce’s contributions to SILA, the Foundation and the Financial Services Industry. We lost Bruce in January, 2014 after a courageous battle with cancer. Throughout his life Bruce was a champion for personal growth and one-on-one career development. Over the past years he served as the SILA Education Chair and was to begin his first term as the SILA Foundation Vice President of Education, Scholarships & Services in January, 2014.
Individuals interested in applying for one of the Certification grants, must complete the online application and meet the qualification requirements for consideration. Click on “Application” tab to complete the application. See the Qualifications tab for additional details.
Bruce was the driving force behind increasing the depth and strength of the SILA Designation & Certification Programs, lead the expansion of course electives and added new tracks and specialty lines. He also led the transition of the administration of the SILA Education programs to the Foundation so personal opportunities went beyond the SILA Membership. He worked tirelessly leading the transition, completing course curriculum and implementation prior to his death.
The Foundation is offering five (5) full Certification Course Grants. Grants shall not exceed more than 3 courses per year. Individuals may reapply for up to 3 years per individual based on qualification requirements. The grants are funded by the SILA Foundation’s Bruce Saenger Memorial Course Grant Program. The grants will be considered for unemployed individuals, veterans, students interested in Financial Services industry carriers as well as SILA members who are not reimbursed by their employer for the cost of the certification courses.
Qualifications and Process:
- An unemployed individual considering a career within the Financial Services industry; OR,
- A student or veteran considering a career in the Financial Services Industry; OR,
- An active SILA member with a financial need where the employer will not cover the cost of the certification courses.
- Complete the online Bruce Saenger Memorial Course Grant application along with any requested documentation
- Include a description of why completing the certification courses would be beneficial to you
- To be considered for a Bruce Saenger Memorial Course Grant, all grant applications need to be submitted (including all supporting documentation) no later than the quarterly deadline advertised.
The SILA Foundation Education/Scholarship Committee will review applications and ensure that qualification requirements have been satisfied.
Each grant recipient will have the certification course registration fee waived for up to 3 certification courses per year. An individual meeting the criteria may reapply for no more than 3 years allowing the individual to earn the Certification, Advanced and Professional Certifications.
Please contact email@example.com with any questions you may have regarding the Bruce Saenger Memorial Course Grant Program.