This Designation section applies only Securities & Insurance Licensing Association (SILA) members who wish to complete the course requirements of the SILA Associate or SILA Fellow designation (for more information about the SILA designation programs, go to www.sila.org and click on Professional Development).
The SILA Designation programs requires completion of three (3) required courses and two (2) elective courses from the list below. Some courses are available in a classroom setting and are offered as pre-conference classes held directly before the SILA National Education Conference. The courses that are available online can be purchased and completed through the links provided.
Required Courses (3 courses)
The Required Courses are organized by Insurance and Securities Tracks. Selection of the three required courses can be made from both Tracks if your interests encompass both Insurance and Securities functions.
Elective Courses (2 courses)
Investing in Securities
Variable Annuity Compliant Practices
Market Events and Variable Products
Surplus Lines Advanced Class *
Adjuster Licensing Advanced Class *
Exceeding Customer Expectations *
Cybersecurity and Data Privacy Awareness Class *
|* offered as a pre-conference classroom only|
- All courses contain a final examination. A passing score of 70% or better is required.
- All examinations must be taken in a private or secluded place free from distractions. The final examination must be monitored by a supervisor, manager, training director or independent third party.
- *Note – classroom courses are offered before the SILA National Education Conference, see www.sila.org for additional information.
- Discontinued required courses: SILA Insurance Principles and SILA Ethics started before April 6, 2015 are eligible to meet the requirement
- Discontinued elective courses: Communication Skills and Delivering Quality Service started before April 6, 2015 are eligible to meet the requirement as is Goal Setting and Leadership started before April 2017.
- Inactive Designation courses that had been ordered can still be applied toward the SILA Designation program if successfully completed within one year from the course purchase date.